Friday, April 15, 2011

Stress Overload

I was reading one of my favorite blogs (I finally got internet installed at my new place), Peanut Butter Fingers, when I came across this post.

It's about stress.

Right now, I'd say my stress level is excessively high. There are constantly things on my mind weighing me down. I feel myself getting stress headaches. I can feel my heart rate going up, cortisol levels being released, etc. It's definitely the highest it has been in quite some time.

We are still in the process of moving, which helps contribute to the stress. But that's just a small part of it.

I could sit here and list all the things that are stressing me out and giving me a constant headache and interfering with my sleep and eating patterns, but instead I think I'll highlight recent things that have made me happy and things that I am looking forward to. Things that make me smile. :)

-The Jason Aldean concert was AWESOME. I heart him. Definitely a great concert with great seats, and better yet, completely free!
-I'm going to the midnight showing of Scream 4 tonight. The Scream series are my favorite movies EVER. I am so incredibly excited it's ridiculous.
-Just three more weeks of clinicals left for this semester!
-Reliving my childhood by reading old Babysitters Club books that I bought in a huge Ebay haul.
-Spending time with my furry babies. They are the ultimate destressor.
-Getting massages from my boyfriend.

These are just some of the things that keep me going. With all the stress that's been filling my life, I haven't been sticking to the C25K plan. I plan to restart tomorrow, but I'm a little nervous about how my stamina will be, but oh well, I just have to get back up and try!

Enjoying the concert!


Jason Aldean makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment