Saturday, April 2, 2011

First 3.1 mi (5K) on a Treadmill!

Today was the first time I have completed 3.1 miles utilizing jogging/walking on the treadmill! In fact, I think the only other times I've done 3.1 miles is while hiking, and that was at a very slow pace :)

It took me 43:31 to complete it, but the fact is, I did it! I have only just completed week one of the C25K plan, so my goal is to continue to improve! I have definitely noticed an improvement in my endurance and breathing. Before, I wouldn't be able to do more than 3-4 minutes COMBINED of jogging.

I stuck to the C25K plan for the first 25-30 minutes. This included a 5 minute brisk warmup, and then alternating jogging for 60 seconds, and walking for 90 seconds. When I got to 30 minutes, I did a lot of brisk walking, and stuck in 1 minute of jogging whenever I felt like I could.

The rest of today will be spent studying and cleaning! I go back to school Monday and have a lot of catching up to do, unfortunately. I've already done some Pharmacology studying, where Lily was my faithful study buddy.

I may be biased, but she's gorgeous! :)

Comfy in my lap!


This was my breakfast yesterday, a Boca burger with a side of veggies.



Today, I opted for some oatmeal.

For lunch, I had my favorite go-to meal. Whole wheat egg sandwich with fat free cheese, mustard, and Tabasco. Delish! I also had a side of veggies with it.

My favorite sandwich!


I was also very distressed to find that I was out of coffee!

Look how much that bag has been through!

But after some quick digging through my pantry, I found an entire bag of coffee beans Anto had bought me a few months back. Love him. And I love coffee. I have come to the point where I CAN NOT function without my cup in the morning. A cup in the morning usually tides me over for the entire day though, unless I wake up incredibly early, then I have to have my mid afternoon Starbucks ;).

This bag literally saved my day.
I have officially finished Week One of C25K. I plan to start Week Two on Monday. I'm already really sore and have a feeling tomorrow should be a rest day. I do want to start strength training, so maybe I'll find some good workouts and try one of them out tomorrow? I need to make use of my 24 hour membership instead of spending all my time on the treadmill at my apartment gym ;)

I also joined the Daily Mile today. It's a very motivating website and tool and I'm glad there is a place I can be held accountable for my workouts and runs!


No comments:

Post a Comment