Sunday, April 3, 2011

Asian Beef with Stir Fry Veggies

Yesterday was a good day. I managed to get a lot done. Work, study, work out, cook, clean, etc.

I was in a great mood so I decided to cook for Anto. He's been super busy lately with work and school, that I only see him for a couple of hours before he falls asleep at night. He works 12 hour days 4 days out of the week, then has 8 hour classes the other 3 days. I know it is temporary, but it can get difficult. My schedule is pretty packed too, so we are limited on the amount of time we can spend together.

I wasn't in the mood to cook something that took a long time, so I looked up quick and easy recipes on Allrecipes.com, and found something that sounded perfect. Asian Beef with Snowpeas. I modified it to add stir fry veggies instead of just snowpeas, though.

I doubled all of the ingredients that were listed on the original recipe and it definitely made it more flavorful. I would add even more garlic and ginger (my absolute favorite) next time!

Modified from here.

The ingredients:
-6 tablespoons soy sauce
-4 tablespoons rice vinegar
-2 tablespoons brown sugar
-1 teaspoon cornstarch
-1 tablespoon vegetable oil
-2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
-2 tablespoons minced garlic
-Pre-sliced Stir Fry beef strips from Vons
-One bag frozen Stir Fry Veggies, included corn, snowpeas, broccoli, mushrooms, water chestnuts

Quick and easy meal!
Trader Joe's Brown Rice!



Directions:
-Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and cornstarch in a bowl and set aside.
-Heat wok with vegetable oil, add in garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
-Add in meat, brown.
-Add in veggies, thawed (Don't put it in frozen like I did...oops!)
-Add sauce mixture, bring to boil, then let it simmer and thicken.
-Serve with brown rice and enjoy!




I don't have a wok, so I had to improvise with my small pan.

It wasn't spicy at all, and we LOVE spicy dishes, so we added some Sriracha sauce on top. Anto loved it! He literally cleaned his plate, half of my plate, and then went back for seconds and finished the entire thing! What a growing boy ;)

Sriracha Sauce makes EVERYTHING better!

No comments:

Post a Comment