Sunday, March 27, 2011

Time to go Grocery Shopping...

I woke up a little earlier this morning than yesterday, which is good considering I slept in until 12 yesterday ;).

I actually woke up at 7:30 which is early for me on a weekend! I have to wake up at 5:15 or 6:00 am during the weekdays because of school, but it's always rushed. I wake up, have 30 minutes to get ready, then run out the door to make it to the hospital for clinicals or to campus for lecture.

I like the idea of waking up earlier to give myself more time to get stuff done in the morning. I never feel like there is enough time in the day, so this is a great way to give myself the gift of more time!

Anywho, I woke up to wake my dog and kiss my boyfriend goodbye as he left for work, then decided to get up instead of going back to sleep. I went into the kitchen hoping to make myself a breakfast with scrambled eggs, toast, and a pancake, but lo and behold, WE HAVE NO GROCERIES!!

I haven't been grocery shopping in quite some time, which probably contributed to my, um, not so healthy lifestyle. We did have some eggs, but they expired March 12th. Actually, we live with roommates so I'm not really sure where some of our stuff goes sometimes...I know none of us would intentionally eat the other person's food, but sometimes there is so much stuff in the fridge that it all kind of gets mixed up.

Since I didn't have any eggs, that eliminated my plan to have scrambled eggs or a pancake. Therefore, I started perusing the freezer and pantry and found that I still had a huge box of Boca Burgers from Costco!

Unfortunately, we didn't have any buns. But that didn't matter to me! I decided to heat up a Boca Burger with some of the last of our frozen broccoli to make myself a healthy, although not a visually pleasing breakfast. I added just a tiny bit of ranch and BBQ sauce on the side. I'm not a person that goes heavy on the sauces, but I like to have just a dash of sauce in my food to give it flavor. I had this with a cup of coffee and I feel energized to take on my day!

My day is going to be pretty busy...today I plan to tackle:
-laundry
-cleaning the room
-day one of couch25k
-studying/hw for my nursing communication class
-work at 12:30
-dishes
-cooking! (my mom just gave me us a George Foreman grill and I plan to put that baby to use!)
-taking Lucky on a 30 minute walk
-grocery shopping!
-relaxing with my boyfriend when he gets home to some Grey's Anatomy (we've been working our way through the seasons and are currently on season six! Oh, how I love Netflix)

Annnd...I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment